Here at Hotel Pulitzer we support the effort and involvement of our people and planet. Our #PulitzerCommitment is, and always will be, focused on health, sustainability, recycling, social action, and so on.
As proof of this, here are a few examples of our commitment:
Commitment to social action, through collaborations with NGOs and institutions such as the Doctor Clavel Foundation, the Sant Joan de Déu social project, the Esperança Foundation, the Tot Raval Foundation, the Portolà Foundation, the Spanish Cancer Association, etc.
- Strong support for women, who make up 70% of our workforce, including executive and middle-management posts.
- Promotion of local music and culture, with a rich programme of more than 100 events per year.
- A growing use of certified food products such as tea, coffee, beer, wine, cava, etc.
- A growing use of local food products sourced from sustainable small producers.
- A growing use of sustainable technology: LED lights, solar panels, ACS, domestic appliances with an energy rating of A+ or higher, etc.
- Getting behind sustainable mobility: bicycles, scooters, eco-taxis, walking tours, etc.
- Recycling of all kinds of materials through certified waste-management companies.
- The use of recycled or certified paper in stationery, napkins, toilet paper, single-use packaging, etc.
- Waste reduction by using dispensers for soap, tissues, etc.
- A growing use of cleaning products with the EU Ecolabel and eco-safety packaging.